Friday, September 12, 2008

COPYKAT RED LOBSTER'S CRAB BISQUE

Sometimes less is more. At least, with this recipe. It's a copykat version of Red Lobster's Dungeness Crab Bisque. I used blue claw crabmeat, but this year is the best for crabs. Our blue claws are so flavorful and meaty this year, that even I am liking them, and I don't particularly care for crabs. This recipe is so easy and fast, it almost feels like cheating. And the Crab Guy gave it a thumbs up -- way up. He rated it 9 out of 10. Coming from someone as picky as he is, that's a high rating. Thanks to secretrecipes.blogspot.com for this one.

Red Lobster's Dungeness Crab Bisque Recipe, adapted
Rating: 9 out of 10
INGREDIENTS: 1 Tbsp. minced onion
2 Tbsp. butter (I used Smart Balance buttery spread)
2 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups half-and-half (I used Land o'Lakes fat-free)
1 lb. crab meat, picked over for shells and cartilage
Sea salt, to taste
Chopped fresh parsley

Saute onion in butter. Add flour, cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in chicken broth and half and half; cook and stir 5 minutes. Break crab into chunks; add to broth. Salt to your taste. Heat thoroughly. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings

2 comments:

Clint "Peppie" Whitaker said...

Tried to order the product but when I tried to send nothing happened. I think this product is a farce...

Judy said...

Hi, Clint -- Sorry but I don't understand your comment. What product were you trying to order?